Video and You Sessions 2013
What: Video and You sessions - we have increased to four sessions this year due to popular demand
Video Session #1 Lunch and Learn: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 11:30am - 1:30pm
Video Session #2 Happy Hour of 5: Thursday, May 2, 2013 5:00pm - 7:00pm
Video Session #3 Lunch and Learn: Thursday, September 26, 2013 11:30am - 1:30pm
Video Session #2 Happy Hour of 5: Thursday, December 5, 2013 5:00pm - 7:00pm
15 minutes: Registration, Eat, Meet, Greet
Remainder: Hands On Workshop and videotaping
You will have the choice to recite a paragraph of a famous speech, be a TV guest, or conduct a job interview. We will Video and immediately play back what we taped. I will make suggestions, audience members may have comments and suggestions, and then we will Video the volunteer again. Because this is a special edition and professional videotaping is involved, there will be a fee for this session. You may attend repeatedly!
Process: How this session works
- Seating is limited to eight. so that everyone will have the opportunity to be Video Taped and learn in real time
- We need to have eight paid participants in order for this session to take place
- There is a fee of $60, due 1 week before
- The cost of this session would be more than 10x this cost if you had a private session
Results: What you get from this session
- The value of seeing yourself the way others see you
- The value of immediate correction and improvement
- Ability to learn by both doing and observing
- Expertise of professionals: Instruction from Professional Communication Expert and Use of Professional Videographer
"The video session provided me with a unique opportunity to view myself during an interview. It was like watching a video of my golf swing. Both of them showed mistakes that I would never have seen otherwise. Thank you for the help."
Owner AM Electric
"My Video & You session gave me the rare opportunity to see myself as the world sees me. The honesty of video tape illuminated both my strengths and weaknesses as a presenter. Leslie's helpful comments have stayed with me to this day."
"The video session I attended in 2012 was an excellent experience. There is nothing like actually seeing how you behave in front of the camera / as others see you. The arrangement, with a group of similarly inexperienced but open peers, created an insightful and truly memorable experience due to the honest feedback. My key takeaway: EVERY encounter is an opportunity for learning and for telling your story. Join a session and you will understand what I mean."
Asia at Electrical Components International