A horse is a metaphor for business challenges.
Can you lead a horse without a halter or lead?
Are you pulling, leading or bribing?
You’ve heard me talk about it, now hear my participants talk about it.
- An energizing leadership experience with lasting results!
- A unique way to confront what’s impacting you: What is preventing you or your team from reaching its highest performance?
- A day like no day you have experienced before
You Can’t Lead a Horse If You’re Not Clear Where You’re Going. You can’t lead a team if you don’t know where you are going either.
Here’s a secret:
A horse does not care what degrees you have, your title, or the bonus you receive at the end of the year. A horse is not impressed with your position, and will not cooperate with you because of the alphabet soup of letters after your name.
What does that mean for you?
Horse guided learning is a unique way for you to uncover and rediscover how to communicate your value in your company and in your marketplace.
Are you ready to learn something new in a new way?
By combining practical business experience with the knowledge gained from years of horse experience in this one-day of educational escapism I partner with a trained staff will help you see yourself through someone else’s eyes. This someone else just happens to be a horse.
As a Communication Coach, my job is to help you use communication to advance your agenda. In order to do that, you have to use communication to create buy in.
HorseTalk is a unique approach to the coaching process. It incorporates one of life’s natural leaders, the horse, along with a human coach to create a safe setting for exploration. The horses provide immediate feedback and insights, allowing you to learn quicker and move faster in your development process.
“HorseTalk: Lessons in Leadership” is a one-day workshop for executives, their teams and business owners.
Here are just a few of the outcomes from this day:
- Heighten awareness of leadership styles
- Uncover your appreciation or lack of for team dynamics
- Learn “no” when you mean no & “yes” when you mean yes
- Uncover behaviors that negatively impact your clients & employees
- Earn trust more quickly by aligning what you do & what you say
- Try new leadership styles, communication methods and relationship-building tactics in a safe environment
If you can get a horse to trust and follow you, you can do the same with people!
Prior experience with horses is not required. All leadership activities are done on the ground. No riding is involved.
Leadership Workshop Includes:
- One full day filled with interactive leadership activities
- Catered lunch and snacks
- Positive and challenging feedback from a two member professional staff and the herd of horses itself!
- Dialogue on leadership challenges, and essential skills
- Personal leadership development action plan
- Professional Coaching session at Leslie’s office after the workshop
- Escapism: Breathtaking views and relaxing environment on a farm!
- Friday June 16th 2023 – Spring HorseTalk #1
- FridayJuly 14th 2023 – Summer HorseTalk #2
- Friday August 18th 2023 – Fall HorseTalk #3
- Friday September 29th – Fall HorseTalk #4
Cost: quoted upon request
1. The audience decides the authenticity of the message
2. Presence is powerful (at least important)
3. Messaging and position (timing) have to be congruent
4. Listen with my eyes
5. The most powerful lesson I learned is my communication needs to be constant and consistent
6. My new found admiration of horses lives in the fact that their willingness to follow does not make them any less majestic or powerful. We all have a job to do… “
High School Principal
Canton Local Schools