1. POTUS was forceful : “Anyone claiming that America’s economy is in decline is peddling fiction.”
2. POTUS was authentic to who he is: “That’s what makes me so hopeful about our future. Because of you. I believe in you. That’s why I stand here confident that the State of our Union is strong.”
3. POTUS was strong in his belief in this country-strongest job growth since the 90’s
4. POTUS took on GOP opponents one by one, issue by issue:
“The United States of American is the most powerful nation on earth, PERIOD. He took on carpet bombing and critics of the economy, That’s why we need to reject any politics that targets people because of race or religion.”
5. POTUS admitted responsibility in a polarized capitol: “There’s no doubt a president with the gifts of Lincoln or Roosevelt might have better bridged the divide . . .”
GOVERNOR NIKKI HALEY’S GOP ANSWER
First generation American born S. Carolina Governor Nikki Haley was selected to give the GOP rebuttal. She was chosen partly because she gave an impassioned speech last week against Trump’s viewpoint on immigration.
1. Visually she looked calm and together. She was not stony faced as is Carly Fiorina, not crazy tongued like Trump.
2. She called out her own party for their shrillness. She was braver than the GOP candidates that have not called out their party or candidates for their angry, loud voices.
3. She talked like an adult, took some responsibility of the dysfunction. GOP critics faulted her for “self loathing”. I thought she was refreshing.
Select something from the Governor or the President and DO IT or stop doing it!